Sunday, April 3, 2011

Midi Sniffer





 This is the Midi Sniffer. It's a little bigger than an old fashioned pager.










It has a Midi In, Power and Clear switch. Really didn't need anything else.








 Power up notice

Data from moving a CC Slider



Hitting the Play button




Pretty Cheap and simple with just over a dozen parts.
  1. 16X2 LCD Display
  2. Pic 16F73
  3. 4mhz Crystal
  4. 2 - 22pf Capacitors
  5. 220 ohm resisitor
  6. 3 - 1K resistors
  7. 5K Trimmer
  8. OPTO Coupler
  9. DIN Jack
  10. Power Jack
  11. Clear Switch
  12. Pactec Case

I didnt bother to make a PCB for this since its a one off project for a specific need I had at that time. Ill draw up a schematic and I already posted the Source and Hex files on my main site. I ended up removing the LCD routines and reused the code for the Midi Controller. That one will get a real PCB since I have plenty of uses for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment